Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Isn't it ironic...don't ya think?

Last week I spent a few days in Lima getting things ready for the Eisolds' arrival. Part of that included cleaning the apartment. Over no more than two months, we managed to accumulate a cupboard full of plastic bags.

As you may have guessed from the picture, Peruvians are quite generous with their bags. If I buy six items at the grocery store, I usually get at least three bags. (Which I find interesting because Costa Ricans were super stingy with theirs.)

Anyway, it was apparent that we needed to change something, and Katie noticed that they started selling the reusable shopping bags, so I went out to buy some for the apartment.

I bought two bags and picked up a 2-liter bottle of water and an outlet adapter while I was there. The lady rang up my items, I got my money out of my purse, and by the time I looked up, I saw that she had neatly bagged my four items into two plastic bags.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha... I love it! It reminds me when James and I were home in Ann Arbor, Mi where people are very "green" and the bagger tried putting half of our groceries in our small hot/ cold cooler bag we bought. I kindly asked if we could have a plastic bag as I'm sure the groceries would have busted the cooler bag. Maybe I will look up some crafts involving green plastic bags :)

    ReplyDelete