Friday, September 6, 2013

A Trifecta of Blessings

Three seems to be a significant number in my life right now. Tomorrow marks my three-year anniversary of living in Peru. I can't believe how fast those three years have gone!

During my time in Peru I've lived in three different places: a "casa de campo" in Lunahuana, an apartment in Miraflores, and an apartment in San Borja. I've seen three teammates come and go (and other teammates come that haven't gone). I've been back to the States three times. And now, I'm working on adding a third person to our little DiLiberto family. (He or she is due January 24, 2014.)

When I moved here, I never would have imagined the ways God would bless me in this season of my life. Some of those blessings happened in big and obvious ways, like finding a husband and becoming a mommy-to-be; but many of the ways God has blessed me are in smaller, subtler, and yet very significant ways. Through the eyes of a different culture and way of life, God has humbled me and given me a broader perspective. Through a language barrier, He's created in me a deep compassion and empathy for those who are forced to leave their country and learn a new culture and language. Through other missionaries, he's taught me about service, humility, and love.

There are so many other ways God is always working on me and being gracious toward me each and every day, no matter what season of life I'm in; but today I praise Him especially for all that has happened in the last three years in Peru. And isn't it so fitting that the author and provider of this trifecta of blessings is the Triune God himself; the everlasting Three in One, who is the same yesterday, today, and forever. "Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!" (Revelation 7:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment