Thursday, July 8, 2010

Peru Plans

Along with the new Peru adventure comes many questions: "When are you leaving...How long are you staying...Where will you live?," etc., etc. Going through the same round of questions repeatedly reminds of when I graduated from high school and everyone wanted to know what I was doing with the rest of my life (or at least with my next year anyway). Back then (9 years ago), I hadn't even thought of studying Spanish in college, let alone living for an extended period in a Spanish-speaking country. It amazes me how God slowly guides us where he wants us to go. What a blessing!

Please know that I'm not offended or annoyed by people asking me these questions. I love sharing this information, and I feel blessed that others are wanting to know. So, for those of you who haven't received answers to these questions (or maybe forgot them), here's a timeline for you:

August 1 - Installation at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, Collinsville, IL, 8:00 & 10:30 services. All are welcome!

August 3 - Moving back to "The Good Life" in Nebraska to be unemployed for a month and live in my parents basement. :)

1st or 2nd week of September - Move to Lima, Peru to go to language school (it never hurts to brush up and learn the local dialect)

Late September/early October - Move to Lunahuana, Peru where I will be living until at least August of 2011

August 2011 - move back to the U.S. or stay in Peru...we'll see what God has in mind. :)

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about sharing the details repeatedly.

    I'm sooooo excited for you! Are you having a goodbye shindig?

    ReplyDelete