Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Finalmente!

Well, I feel like I've been thinking and talking about going to Peru forever, and now it's finally time to go! I leave September 7 - a week from now I will almost be in Lima! I have mixed emotions as I leave, although 90% of that emotion is excitement. I'm obviously a little sad to leave people and know that I won't see them for a long time, or even wonder if I will ever see them again (I can get a bit dramatic sometimes). I feel a little anxious wondering what to pack and trying to make sure I'm not forgetting to do something important before I go. But like I said, I mostly feel excited and ready.

The plan is that Katie (my future roommate) and I will fly from St. Paul and Omaha perspectively and meet up in Atlanta. From there we will take a 6.5 hour flight to Lima where Anthony and Bruce will pick us up. We'll go through orientation both in Lima and Lunahuana (the small town we'll eventually move to), and then start language school in Lima on September 13. We will be in school for four weeks.

Thank you so much for all your prayers and support through this process. I meant to send thank you notes to all my donors before I left, but unfortunately World Mission is about 5 weeks behind in their gift processing (they just switched to a new computer system), so I'm not quite sure who to send thank you's to yet. Please know that I feel incredibly blessed to have all of you supporting me - whether it be through gifts, prayer, encouragement, or in other ways I'm not even aware of. God is using all of us throughout the whole world to further His Kingdom. What an amazing God we have! I pray that no matter where we are or what we're doing that our ultimate goal is "that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
Phillipians 2:10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment